Currently, its headquarters is in Warsaw.
The association is financed mainly by the Ministry of Sport. It also raises funds from sponsors.
Currently associated in it are:
• 16 Regional Athletic Associations,
• 509 sports clubs,
• 667 coaches (168 women and 499 men),
• 628 instructors (202 women and 426 men),
• 24,447 judges (948 women and 1,499 men),
• 14,709 players (7,994 women and 6,715 men).
In sports competition since the establishment of the association, the country's representatives won:
• Olympic Games - 57 medals (25 gold, 18 silver, 14 bronze),
• World Championships - 59 medals (19 gold, 15 silver, 25 bronze),
• European Championships - 166 medals (54 gold, 52 silver, 60 bronze).
For many years, the Polish Athletics Association has been involved in the promotion of physical activity. Since 2014, he has been running the Athletics for Everyone! Project, which is complementary to school activities. It is aimed at children aged 7-16 and based on proven formulas, developed for the first time by IAAF, and propagated under the name Kids Athletics.
In 2019, over 10,000 children participated in regular athletic activities throughout Poland.
The advantages of the program Athletics for everyone! are :
• free regular sports activities,
• nationwide coverage,
• use of existing sport infrastructure,
• use of the knowledge of experienced PZLA coaches and instructors (over 600 people),
• increasing the activity of local sports organizations (clubs, associations),
• popularizing light athletics among children and young people.
As part of the Project, promotional activities are also conducted to increase interest in physical activity and healthy eating.